PORTAGE, Mich. — A 4-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Sunday afternoon after being attacked by the family’s dogs.
- The Race to Find What’s Making America’s Dogs Sick
- SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE: SWEETPEA THE PUPPY’S INCREDIBLE JOURNEY TOWARDS RECOVERY
- Pet dog Ruby rescues owner from Michigan’s Arbutus Lake
- Dog training a battleground as trainers debate whether physically disciplining dogs is ‘systemic oppression’
- Dog escapes kennel and gets busted; Arizona’s sober living fallout: this week’s top stories
When officers arrived to the Pleasant Drive home, they found the child in the living room, semi-conscious, and suffering from multiple puncture wounds throughout his body, according to Portage Public Safety.
He was taken by ambulance to Bronson where he is listed in critical condition, police said.
Kalamazoo County Animal Control took custody of three dogs in the home, according to public safety.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Portage Department of Public Safety at 329-4567 or Silent Observer at 343-2100, www.kalamazoosilentobserver.com.