EL PASO, Texas (KFOX14/CBS4) — A 5-year-old year was taken to the hospital with critical injuries after being attacked by a dog in northeast El Paso.
- Anxious Dog Overlooked ‘Month After Month’ Now A Fostering Success Story
- ADOPTED DOG SHOWS GRATITUDE TO NEW OWNER ON THE WAY HOME
- Released Palestinians allege abuse in Israeli jails
- THE STORY OF HEART AND SOUL: FAITHFUL DOG REMAINS DEVOTED TO BELOVED COMPANION UNTIL THE VERY END
- Dog deemed dangerous after attack leaves Kelowna pet owner with $3,000 vet bill – Kelowna News
Officials with the El Paso Fire Department said the incident happened Halloween night on Jadestone Street.
Officials said the child was taken to University Medical Center.
A spokesperson for University Medical Center said the child is now in stable condition.
El Paso Animal Services officials said the incident involved two dogs and two victims.
Officials said both dogs are current on their rabies vaccines and are under quarantine orders.
El Paso Animal Services said the owner of the dog was cited for unconfinement.
El Paso Animal Services provided the following tips:
- It is always important to confine your pets properly in a room or kennel if you will be having people or relative over to your house. We never know how our pets will react to certain masks and costumes.
- With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, visitors can upset your pets. Some pets are shy or excitable around new people or in crowds, and Thanksgiving often means many visitors at once and higher-than-usual noise and activity levels. If you know your dog or cat is nervous when people visit your home, put him/her in another room or a crate with a favorite toy.
- Watch the exits. Even if your pets are comfortable around guests, make sure you watch them closely, especially when people are entering or leaving your home. While you’re welcoming hungry guests and collecting coats, your pet may make a break for it and become lost outdoors.
- Identification tags and microchips reunite families. Make sure your pet has proper identification with your current contact information – particularly a microchip with up-to-date, registered information. That way, if they do sneak out, they’re more likely to be returned to you.
No other information was provided.
This is a developing story.
Check back for updates.
RECOMMENDED:El Paso firefighters knock down train engine fire in central El Paso
Sign up to receive the top interesting stories from in and around our community once daily in your inbox.