Denver Nuggets forward Aaron Gordon is away from the team indefinitely after suffering lacerations to his face and hand from dog bites on Christmas Day, the team said Wednesday.
- Dog who survived 72 days in mountains after owner’s death is regaining weight, back on hiking trails
- Hachiko: World’s most faithful dog turns 100
- Dog duct-taped and shot in the head in Cowlitz County adopted by rescuer
- Neighbors help save Norfolk woman’s dogs from burning home
- FROM SHELTER SADNESS TO VIRAL STARDOM: SKY’S JOURNEY TO FOREVER LOVE
“Aaron is in good condition and will remain away from the team while he recovers,” the team said in a statement.
Gordon, 28, is averaging 13.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.4 assists this season, his 10th in the league. He had 16 points and 10 rebounds in a 120-114 win over Golden State on Christmas.
The Nuggets next play the Memphis Grizzlies on Thursday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.