- Wellness is her business: Checking in with Karla, the therapy dog – URNow
- When is Puppy Bowl 2024? See the adorable pooches making dog history
- The unlikely story of the first celebrity dog
- Senior dog with health issues found wandering alone now recovering at Kelowna SPCA
- ‘Mutts’ creator sets Guard Dog free after decades in chains to address the issue of dog tethering
It’s heartbreaking to know how many abandoned dogs are left on the streets every day, wondering why their loved ones no longer want them. In some areas, the situation is so dire that you can find abandoned dogs almost anywhere.
This was the case for a man in Southern California who returned home one day to find an abandoned dog tied to his fence with a note.
A Dog Left with a Heartbreaking Message
Completely surprised, the man approached the abandoned dog, whom he had never seen before. The little dog perked up her ears and wagged her tail in relief, hoping for rescue. Beside her was a small bag containing what seemed to be all her belongings, and a handwritten note on top.
The note, filled with sadness, read: “Free dog, needs a good home.”
Even the man’s resident dog was surprised to see the new furry friend.
The man had no idea who had left the abandoned dog there or how long she had been tied to his fence, but he knew she needed help. He shared a photo of the abandoned dog and the heartbreaking note on social media, hoping someone would recognize her or offer assistance.
Thankfully, the post reached Suzette Hall, the founder of Logan’s Legacy dog rescue in Irvine, California. She immediately took action, sending two volunteers to pick up the precious pup as quickly as possible.
Hope for a New Beginning
The abandoned dog, later named Halo, still had her harness on, and the bag contained her favorite toys and food. When Hall’s volunteers arrived, Halo was overjoyed and grateful to be rescued.
“She was so excited, she just melted in their arms,” Hall said.
Hall took Halo to Camino Pet Hospital for a professional checkup. They discovered that she was a four- to six-month-old Corgi/Sheltie mix and, surprisingly, completely healthy.
“She was spotless,” Hall noted. “She didn’t have a single flea on her.”
This indicated that Halo’s previous owners had cared for her, but for unknown reasons, were forced to give her up. It remained a mystery why they left her tied to a stranger’s fence instead of surrendering her to a safe shelter.
Finding a Forever Home
Despite the trauma she had experienced, Halo, not even a year old, possessed a loving spirit. Suzette vowed to find her the loving home she deserved.
“She’s just a love,” Hall said. “I can’t wait for her to finally be home.”
While Halo hadn’t been adopted yet, there was no doubt that such a sweet dog would find a wonderful home soon, one that would never abandon her on the roadside again.
How You Can Help
If you’re interested in learning more about Halo or adopting her, you can contact Suzette Hall on Facebook or Instagram. You can also help other abandoned dogs by supporting your local animal shelter or rescue organization. By opening your heart and home to a dog in need, you can make a world of difference in their life.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How did the man react to finding the abandoned dog?
- The man was completely surprised and took immediate action to seek help for the dog.
- What was written on the handwritten note found with the dog?
- The note stated, “Free dog, needs a good home.”
- Who came to the dog’s rescue after the social media plea?
- Suzette Hall, the founder of Logan’s Legacy dog rescue, and two dedicated volunteers rushed to the scene.
- What was Halo’s condition when taken to Camino Pet Hospital?
- Despite her traumatic experience, Halo was found to be in excellent health with not a single flea on her.
- How can individuals interested in adopting Halo get in touch?
- Those interested in providing a loving home for Halo can connect with Suzette Hall on Facebook or Instagram.