The place to get a good hot dog is … Bojangles? The fast-food chain is known for its “famous chicken and biscuits,” but a new menu item offers chicken lovers in Knoxville a chance to try a twist on an American classic.
- Bobi’s ‘oldest ever dog’ title is being investigated by Guinness World Record : NPR
- Container dog becomes internet sensation, United States. News story in Forkliftaction News
- THIS KIND DOG VISITS AN ELDERLY WOMAN EVERY DAY TO INSPIRE HER
- What’s the best dog breed in New York? Survey shows each state’s favorite
- DOG WITHOUT HALF AN EAR AND INFESTED WITH FLEAS REGAINS FAITH AFTER SPENDING YEARS ON THE STREETS
Let us introduce you to Bo’s Bird Dog. It’s like a hot dog, but not. And it’s not your average chicken sandwich.
The Bojangles bird dog is a chicken tender inside a split-top bun, topped with pickles and a honey mustard-based BBQ sauce known as Carolina Gold.
Similar to Taco Bell’s Cheesy Chicken Crispanada earlier this year, the Bojangles bird dog is only being tested in Knoxville and Chattanooga and will be available for a limited time.
A Bo’s Bird Dog might just be the way to wish the Tennessee Vols luck against the Georgia Bulldogs at Neyland Stadium on Nov. 18. Bojangles chose the two East Tennessee cities to test out the chicken sandwich because of the strong sports market.
“We were searching for fun ideas to step up our tailgating game and stumbled onto the idea of bird dogs made with our tasty Chicken Supremes,” said Chef Marshall Scarborough, Bojangles’ VP of menu and culinary innovation. “Bird dogs are a delicious way to enjoy Bojangles’ signature flavors and ingredients, all packed into an easy-to-eat, handheld sandwich for eating on the go.”
Bo’s Bird Dogs can be enjoyed alone or ordered in bulk for sporting events, gatherings or family meals.
What is the Bojangles bird dog?
- It features a Bojangles Chicken Supreme tender (a Bojangles favorite) inside a split potato bun, topped with two thick-cut dill pickles, and drizzled with Carolina Gold, a sweet and tangy honey mustard-based BBQ sauce.
How much is the Bojangles bird dog?
- You can order two for $5, according to the Bojangles website.
- It can also be ordered as a combo for $7.99; that comes with a side of your choice and a drink.
Where can you buy the Bojangles bird dog?
- Bo’s Bird Dog is being exclusively tested in Knoxville and Chattanooga.
- Customers can order the bird dog at a Bojangles restaurant, at Bojangles.com, via the Bojangles app or through a delivery app.
- There are eight Bojangles locations in Knoxville, according to Bojangles.com.
How long is the Bo’s Bird Dog available?
- Bo’s Bird Dog will only be available until Nov. 26 while it’s tested out in the Knoxville and Chattanooga markets.
The South Carolina bird dog
Though it’s new to the Bojangles menu, the “bird dog” has been a popular hot dog alternative in South Carolina for over 25 years. It traces its roots back to a small diner in Anderson, South Carolina, according to the Independent Mail.
The sweet and salty South Carolina dish traditionally features chicken tenders, bacon, cheese and honey mustard all between a toasted bun.
A Google search for “bird dog sandwich” yields several recipes if you want to try to make your own.
Bojangles was founded and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. The fast-food chain has locations in 17 states, mostly in the South and along the east coast.
Support strong local journalism by subscribing at knoxnews.com/subscribe.