ARGYLE, N.Y. — A 22-year-old woman was severely injured after she was repeatedly bitten by a dog inside a residence on Lick Springs Road in the Town of Argyle, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
- Dog found alive in Dumpster, Florida man arrested in cruelty case
- Police search for Texas woman who left dog tied to dumpster
- Kyle Rittenhouse Using ‘Therapy Dog’ Sparks Fury
- 10 Courage The Cowardly Dog Theories That Actually Make Sense
- East Kilbride: Police hunt dog walker who tried to steal canine and attacked owner | UK News
When deputies arrived to the residence at around 8:18 a.m. on Wednesday, they needed to use a taser to “subdue” the dog, which was a “large mix breed,” and get the woman out of the house.
READ: Over 100 animals seized after reports of animal cruelty at a Cohoes rescue
Deputies applied a tourniquet to one of the woman’s arms before she was taken to Glens Falls Hospital by ambulance.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, the woman was “familiar with” the dog that attacked her. The incident is currently under investigation.