- Opinion: San Diego leash laws require closer look
- N.J. creator of ‘Mutts’ comic strip on why he unchained Guard Dog after nearly 30 years
- RESCUE AND REHABILITATION OF NEGLECTED DOG: A TALE OF HOPE AND COMPASSION
- PIGGY’S JOURNEY: FROM NEGLECT TO NEW BEGINNINGS – A HEARTWARMING TALE OF TRANSFORMATION
- Man accused in shooting of D.C. officers abused dogs at home, authorities say
Police in the small Italian village of Vastogirardi were stumped—someone kept slashing the tires of cars parked near the village center, reports the Guardian. Undercover officers failed to spot the culprit, but newly installed cameras managed to do so last week: The slasher is a dog named Billy. “It has been very puzzling, as we couldn’t work out who could possibly be going around cutting tires, or what the motive would be,” said deputy mayor Remo Scocchera.
Police have not speculated about the aforementioned motive, but vets say Billy might have some kind of mouth ailment that caused him to chomp tires to relieve discomfort. No details were provided on what type of dog Billy is, but his owner will likely have to pay for the damage. (Read more strange stuff stories.)