QUEENS, New York (WABC) — A 16-year-old boy is facing charges after stealing another teen’s French bulldog at gunpoint in Queens on Christmas morning.
- HE WAS ABANDONED TWICE BECAUSE OF HIS BEARD, AND THEN HE MET A NEW OWNER AND TURNED HIS LIFE AROUND AS A STAR DOG
- DEFYING THE ODDS: BLIND PUPPY SAVED FROM EUTHANASIA FINDS FOREVER HOME WITH KIND-HEARTED FAMILY
- Dog found dead, skinned in north Phoenix dumpster
- A sniffer dog helps rediscover a rare mole : NPR
- Which Side of the Body a Dog Wags Matters
The 15-year-old victim called police right after his dog was stolen around 9 a.m., and officers started searching the neighborhood near 41-14 10 St.
After a short chase, officers caught up with the 16-year-old and arrested him.
Both the dog and the gun were recovered, and the French bulldog was reunited with its very grateful owner.
The suspect was charged with robbery, criminal possession of a weapon and menacing.
* More Queens news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News
Copyright © 2023 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.
I am Robert Le, the author of the article on the website "Rescuing Pet Dogs" and a person who is passionate about the animal world, especially dogs that have gone through difficulties and were rescued. With extensive knowledge about caring for and nurturing puppies, I not only share useful experiences and knowledge but also bring adorable stories about my journey to help four-legged friends. I constantly learn and research about issues related to pet dogs, and through my blog posts, I hope to spread the message of love and care for these priceless friends. Join me as we explore the adorable world of rescued dogs and learn how you can contribute to their happiness.