HOLLY, Mich. – Holly’s first responders saved an unconscious homeowner and their pet on Sunday.
- Behind the music – Mad Dog
- Texas shelter finds home for naughty dog Eddie after hilarious post
- Dogs in glittery costumes parade in Rio de Janeiro as pet lovers kick off Carnival
- Texas family reunited with missing dog after 3 years apart
- Guinness World Records ‘oldest dog’ Bobi stripped of title | World News
DOWNLOAD OUR BREAKING NEWS APP
Officers and firefighters responded to the Holly Mobile Home Park for a fire around 5 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
When fire crews arrived, they found Holly police officers performing CPR on the unconscious homeowner.
Firefighters assisted in the life-saving efforts and also were able to locate a dog inside the burning home.
The first responders worked together to get the person and the pet out of the area safely.
The homeowner is in stable condition at a local hospital.
The Holly Fire Department says the fire likely resulted from an attempt to thaw the water pipes under the mobile home, which occurred as a result of the homeowner experiencing a medical emergency.
The department says this incident should serve as a reminder to always prioritize fire safety when thawing water pipes.