JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Mike, a ‘6-year-old energetic’ male dog who ‘checks all the boxes’ and was the Jacksonville Humane Society’s longest tenured resident, was adopted Thursday and now has a forever home!
- All Dogs Can Go to Heaven—Later: FDA Advances Longevity Drug for Big Dogs
- Homeless man Shaun Donnelly and his dog Sandy helped with housing by good Samaritan in Southern California
- Mysterious respiratory illness in dogs affects Nashville
- FROM SHELTER SCAREDY-CAT TO COUCH POTATO QUEEN: HOLLY’S JOURNEY TO FOREVER LOVE
- EMOTIONAL MOMENT WHEN A SHELTER DOG REALIZES HE’S ADOPTED
The Jacksonville Humane Society posted on their Facebook page that Mike was adopted after spending nearly “900 days as a shelter dog.” The heartwarming moment sure enough brought excitement to employees at JHS, as their caption for the post read:
“THEY MADE ROOM FOR MIKE! We are beyond happy to share that Mike has been ADOPTED after nearly 900 days as a shelter dog. Thank you to everyone who shared Mike’s story and who sent him lots of love as he waited for his new, loving family. A very special thank you to Dolly’s Dream for sponsoring Mike’s adoption and for helping dogs like him get the happy endings they deserve. Happy tails, Mike! #MakeRoomForMike”