GREENVILLE, Pitt County — GREENVILLE – A new addition to the ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital hopes to combat stress and anxiety.
- The story behind this award-winning ‘abandoned’ dog photo
- THE POWER OF LOVE AND COMPASSION: LAINEY’S JOURNEY FROM ABANDONMENT TO ADOPTION
- Longest tenured dog at Jacksonville Humane Society, Mike adopted
- MOANA: A SHI TZU-CHIHUAHUA MIX HERO WHO SACRIFICED HER LIFE TO SAVE HER OWNER
- ‘Cheers’ star Shelley Long seen walking dog in Los Angeles after skipping Emmys
Sam is the children’s hospital’s first dog tasked to help pediatric patients meet their needs, build coping skills through trust, and add a sense of normalcy during a stressful hospital stay.
The facility hopes Sam can make hospital procedures more efficient. Trained facility dogs have the capability to reduce the need for sedation and medical interventions during procedures like IV placement, MRIs, and blood draws.
Sam has been specifically trained to work with children and has been matched to meet the facility’s needs.
Stay with us as we explore this story today.