Finney’s survival story has made her famous on the hiking trails around Pagosa Springs, Holby said.
- Opinion: My dog Oliver taught me how full my heart can be
- See Transformation of Rescue Dog From the Day She Arrived to 6 Months Later
- Coast Guard inspection yields rescue of dog trapped in shipping container
- South Korea agrees historic ban on dog meat industry | World News
- Compton man raising pit bulls killed by his dogs in Compton
“People say, ‘Is that Finney?’” to which Holby responds with an enthusiastic,”Yes!”
“She is such a comfort to me and a great companion on hikes,” covering 4 to 5 miles a day, Holby said.
“I know that she was with Rich to the very end and somehow that should be a comfort. I don’t know how she did it, but she was there when he needed her,” Holby said.
Delinda VanneBrightyn, a volunteer with Taos Search and Rescue, joined the search effort with her search dog.