WARWICK, R.I. (WJAR) — A dog brought in for treatment was taken in by the Rhode Island Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals after being severely neglected.
- French bulldogs stolen from Gardena, Calif. pet store worth $100,000
- Mobile dog grooming service in Plover brings services to your driveway
- Pennsylvania dog Ella’s adoption goes viral for donated bandanna
- Video Of A Smart Dog Cutting Off Power To Prevent A Dangerous Explosion Goes Viral | WATCH
- Owner With Dog Who Doesn’t Like Towel Drying Comes Up With Cute Alternative
According to officials, the dog was in such bad condition that they would not return her back to the owner.
“Coco” was severely emaciated and covered in matted fur.
The owner willingly turned over custody.
Bay State vet staff removed the matted hair and cared for little Coco as much as they could and then turned him over to the state’s SPCA for additional care.
Officials said Coco was owned by a person in Cranston, Rhode Island, who has since been charged.
Upon arrival, Coco was unable to walk and could not drink.
Coco has since gained 8 ounces and is now walking on his own.