Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The heartbreaking story of a senior dog named Ajax touched many people. The loyal Plott hound mix was found standing beside his human’s body; it was found that the person had been deceased for three days. This left Ajax all alone in the world. The Anti-Cruelty Society took the senior dog in with the hopes that he would find a new home.
Ajax wasn’t ready to give up hope that his human would reappear. According to shelter staff, the Plott hound would spend his days waiting by the doors, expecting his humans to walk through them. As time passed and the senior dog did not receive any adoption interest, the staff began to worry that he would struggle to find a new home. Senior dogs typically spend longer in shelters and are less likely to be adopted than puppies and younger dogs.
The story decided to share Ajax’s story on their Facebook page. They were hopeful that this would assist the loyal dog in finding a new home. It worked! Rory and Karen Quinn saw the senior dog’s story and met him at the shelter. It was love at first sight. Ajax headed home with his new family that day. According to them, he is enjoying long car rides, plenty of walks, and rolling in leaves.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Best Things In Life Are Rescued by Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!