A 17-year-old Shih Tzu was rescued from an HVAC air vent in Virgina, the Fairfax County Police Department said.
- The story of the Glasgow dog adopted by firemen during the 19th century
- GRAMMAR DOG: Story of an inept coach | News
- Bobi, named world’s oldest ever dog, loses title after investigation
- Chesterfield police looking for suspect in local family’s dog shooting
- Jesse Watters Makes It Weird In Story About Dog Biting Him In The Groin
Video footage from the incident posted on Saturday shows crews from the FCPD and the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department work together to save Maya, the Shih Tzu, who had gotten stuck in the vent. The crew tried various ways to retrieve the pet and had to eventually drill open the basement roof to get Maya out.
The dog was safely returned to the owner after it was rescued, said the FCFRD, in an update on X.
Authorities did not specify how Maya ended up in the vent or how long she was in there.