RANKIN COUNTY, Miss. (WLBT) – A toddler was attacked by the family dog in Rankin County on Tuesday afternoon.
- ‘World’s oldest dog’ title suspended by Guinness World Records amid investigation
- Governor, first lady donate $43,000 for Petersburg Canine Companions
- Missing Hawaii hiker found after barking dog alerts rescuers
- FROM STARVING SKELETON TO WAGGING TAIL: VALENTINE’S JOURNEY OF RESILIENCE AND RECOVERY
- FROM STREET SCRUFF TO STATION STAR: MATUTE’S JOURNEY FROM RESCUED PUP TO BELOVED GAS STATION EMPLOYEE
According to Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey, the 21-month-old child was attacked on Rosehill Road near Puckett.
The toddler, the sheriff says, sustained minor injuries to the face.
The owners do not want the dog, which is a Cur – a breed typically used for hunting – removed from the house.
Want more WLBT news in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please click here to report it and include the headline of the story in your email.
Copyright 2023 WLBT. All rights reserved.