HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A massive fire consumed a two-story log house in Plant City Sunday afternoon, according to Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.
- DORA -SAD DOG THAT WALKED WITH HER HEAD LOWERED & TAIL TUCKED OBTAINS A SECOND CHANCE
- Dog bites, animal fights, and getting Spotify cancelled – take the Thursday quiz | Life and style
- Dog Groomer Opened Shop In Middle Of Night To Give ‘Stray Dog’ Haircut, Found Beauty Beneath Matted-Fur
- Brandywine Valley SPCA’s Mega Adoption Event coming on Dec. 9 and 10
- Westminster residents speak before council to protect Colorado off-leash dog park
Around 1:36 p.m., crews responded to the 3400 block of Keene Road regarding a log home completely engulfed in flames.
The commander struck a second alarm since the fire included multiple large bales of hay and a car next to the home.
Fire Rescue said the water supply was challenging, as crews had to summon water tankers that carry 3,500 gallons of water and pull water from a nearby pond.
There were no injuries reported, although crews believe a dog was inside the home and has died from the fire.
As of this report, fire crews are working to ensure the fire is completely extinguished.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.