WARNING: This story includes an image of a goat being attacked.
- Police, firefighters team up to rescue dog from a dryer vent. See pics | Trending
- Can a kid approach an unfamiliar dog without the owner’s permission? An X post divides internet
- RUMMI’S RESCUE: A HEARTWARMING STORY OF A DOG FREED AND A LIFE TRANSFORMED
- South Korea agrees historic ban on dog meat industry | World News
- Dog Dumped With Potato Chip-Like Scales, Now Looks “Unrecognizable” After He Was Rescued
Police in British Columbia’s southern Interior say they hope they can find the original owner of a small white goat that was fatally mauled by a dog.
A statement from Merritt RCMP says an investigation began Nov. 24, when officers were alerted to an online post showing a pit bull in a house, violently attacking the goat as several people watched.
Police say they identified the home as a Merritt address, obtained a warrant and searched the home, backed up by the South East District Emergency Response Team and members of the SPCA.
Staff Sgt. Josh Roda says remains of the goat were found during the search and officers are trying to determine if it was stolen, sold or given away.
Can you identify where this goat came from? <a href=” <a href=”https://t.co/LUrsbRpzsR”>pic.twitter.com/LUrsbRpzsR</a>
He says it had a white body, a brown patch on the top of its head and was wearing a collar, and anyone with information about it should contact Merritt RCMP.
No charges have been laid but the statement from Roda says the search warrant was obtained under the Criminal Code of Canada and the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act.