When Kobe, a 4-year-old husky, began digging a large hole in the yard, his owner, Chanell Bell, had no idea the dog would end up saving her home and her entire Philadelphia neighborhood.
- Boston Customs dog uncovers mummified monkeys smuggled in luggage from Africa
- SECOND CHANCE AT HAPPINESS: SCARED SHELTER PUP FINDS COMFORT IN FOSTER HOME AFTER HEARTLESS ABANDONMENT
- A Story of Loyalty, Courage, and Unbreakable Bonds
- Hot dogs, cool cats at Tuscarawas County Humane Society Animal Shelter
- Dog Evacuated Amid Hurricane Idalia Finds Forever Home After 142 Days
“We’ve been here at our new home for a while now and he never digs holes without me, so I knew something was up,” says Bell.
Bell had a gas leak in the house earlier in the month, so, out of an abundance of caution, she decided to test the hole with a gas detection device. What she discovered was bone-chilling. Kobe had detected a major gas leak that could have devastated the neighborhood.
Watch the video above to see how Kobe, the heroic husky, saved a neighborhood from disaster!
“We were told it could’ve caused serious health effects like respiratory issues, brain damage, and even death,” says Bell. “They told me that something as simple as a light switch turning on could’ve caused an explosion too.”
However, thanks to Kobe’s persistence, engineers were able to plug the leak and avoid a disaster.
“It feels amazing to know Kobe saved our block,” says Bell. “I am very thankful to have him.”
Humankind is your go-to spot for good news! Click here to submit your uplifting, cute, or inspiring video moments for us to feature. Also, click here to subscribe to our newsletter, bringing our top stories of the week straight to your inbox.