The Purina Club fully opens to fans on May 20 for St. Louis’ home match against Sporting Kansas City, but planning for the dog-friendly premium box seats started over two years ago, when St. Louis-based pet food company Purina were introduced as the club’s first founding partner and kit sponsor.
- MAHE: THE FURRY GUARDIAN ANGEL NAVIGATING AUTISM WITH A PAWSITIVE WAG
- RESCUE MORGAN DOES EVERYTHING ON HIS BUCKET LIST, AND HE’S MORE ALIVE THAN EVER
- A DOG’S UNWAVERING LOYALTY: A STORY OF PROTECTION AND DEVOTION
- 11 Country Songs About Dogs That Will Rip Your Heart Out
- THIS POLICE DOG EMOTIONALLY SAID GOODBYE TO HIS HANDLER
“When we announced Purina as a corporate partner, fans really embraced it. And what we saw in the launch and some of the activations we did around the endorsement is fans that were discovering soccer for the first time simply because they were pet lovers,” said Sebek.
“And for us, as a new club with a two-year runway, it was great. Pets were a magnet to bring people into the fold because we had so much time to teach them about the players, about the game, et cetera. So we knew, I think, really early on in the partnership announcement that pets were going to be a focal point for us just because they make people smile.”