A woman has been critically injured in a dog attack.
- Facebook post helps Iowa family save dog from coyotes
- Horribly Abused Hog-Tied Dog Rescued In Arizona Finally Finds Furever Home. – InspireMore
- Hero Rescue Dog Leaps Through Shattered Window To Chase Off Intruder. – InspireMore
- Spending time with a dog can be good for your health : NPR
- Malnourished Dog, Infested With Fleas and Tied Up in Park, Dies at Shelter
A man also suffered minor injuries during the incident in Belvedere, southeast London, on Monday morning.
The dog was tasered by police and has since died.
In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said it was called to reports of a woman being attacked by a dog inside a property in Bedwell Road at 8.55am.
Emergency services attended the scene and the woman was taken to hospital, where she remains there in a critical condition.
The injured man was also taken to hospital for treatment.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “The dog received injuries during the attack and a Taser was discharged by officers who secured it in a separate room. It has since died.
“Enquiries into the circumstances continue.”
The breed of the dog has not been confirmed.
What to do if you’re attacked by a dangerous dog
Why adding XL bullies to Dangerous Dogs Act may not work
On Friday, two people were airlifted to hospital with serious injuries in North Wales after a dog attack, while two others suffered minor injuries.
The dog was destroyed, though the breed has not been revealed.