An Australian woman who tossed her dog off the second-story roof of a parking lot has been sentenced to one year behind bars, according to multiple reports.
- Highlands Ranch 9-year-old organizes Colorado holiday pet drive after her dog passes away
- Guinness World Records revokes ‘oldest dog ever’ title for Portugal canine
- Carbon County vet ‘furious’ after claiming local animal shelter was underfeeding dogs
- The Story of Raylan the Dog and His Foster Kittens
- GOLDEN YEARS, SILVER SNUGGLES: GREY MUZZLE HOSPICE GIVES ABANDONED DOGS A LOVING LAST CHAPTER
Amy Lea Judge, 26, was sentenced in Midland Magistrates Court on Tuesday for the attack on her 10-year-old Maltese-Shih-Tzu mix named Princess, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
Prosecutors called her behavior “egregious, callous and cruel,” the Morning Herald reported.
The April 2022 incident was captured on CCTV footage and showed Judge on the roof of a parking lot for the Westfield Whitford City shopping centre in Perth. She appeared to argue with someone before taking Princess to the ledge multiple times and then throwing the animal over, reports the West Australian.
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE‘s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.
Princess was discovered by a passerby and taken to a vet but she was euthanized because of her extensive injuries, per the Morning Herald.
After the incident, the RSPCA WA said Judge confessed on Facebook, per the West Australian. She later told an RSPCA WA inspector her Facebook page was hacked, according to the West Australian.
She is banned from owning an animal for 10 years, 9News reported.